The Bolinas Community Center (BCC) kitchen is currently being used by Community Center renters to prep and serve food during and for events as well as a Commercial Kitchen for local businesses. The whole community benefits from having a fully functional and up-to-date Commercial Kitchen.
What we have done so far:
The Bolinas Community Center has put on fundraisers which have raised most of the funds needed for the remodel. Thank you to everyone who volunteered and contributed to make this all happen!
The BCC has purchased and installed the three new sinks (hand washing, three compartment dish washing sink and the vegetable rinsing sink). We also fixed the drywall and flooring around the sinks, upgraded to brighter lights and installed FRP (Fire Retardant Paneling) in half of the kitchen. We also upgraded the kitchen door to be ADA compliant.
We removed the old hood installed the new 10-foot stainless steel hood. We have purchased and installed a brand new Vulcan 10 burner propane stove. We turned our old “piano room” for extra lockable kitchen storage.
What we still hope to accomplish:
- Tiled Floor in kitchen
- New Cabinets in kitchen
- Small walk-in installed in the Plaza
- New Prep Area in kitchen once a walk-in is built
- New electric convection oven
How you can help:
If you would like to help the BCC to raise money by volunteering for an upcoming event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to send a tax-deductible donation towards the Community Center Kitchen Remodel, please write checks out to Bolinas Community Center and in the memo line write: Kitchen Donation, mail to P.O. Box 122, Bolinas, CA, 94924. You may also use our PayPal account on our home page www.bocenter.org to pay via credit card.
For more info please call us at (415) 868-2128 or stop by the office Monday – Friday 11am – 1pm: 14 Wharf Road, Bolinas, CA, 94924.
Bolinas Community Center
BOLINAS COMMUNITY CENTER KITCHEN REMODEL PROJECT
Improvements & processes completed to date :
- New plumbing, installation of janitor’s sink and remodel of janitor’s room in compliance with the Environmental Health Dept. $4,500
- Purchase of commercial refrigerator. $2,472
- Purchase & Installation of 3 new stainless steel commercial sinks, copper plumbing, repair of sub floor and sheetrock, removal of old cabinets, install FRP wall paneling, purchase and installation of one stainless steel chefs work table. $7,200
- Creation and submittal of required architectural drawings. $532
- Upgrade of ceiling lighting. $500
- Payment to consultant for fees. $2,000
- Purchase and install new 10 ft stainless steel hood, this includes; 18 gauge all welded steel duct from hood to roof, 18 gauge all steel welded roof jack for the exhaust and air blowers, stainless steel wall lining from the floor to hood, removal of existing stove and surrounding cabinetry, all welded duct to blower transition, UL rated and fire code approved exhaust blower. Demolition and disposal of old hood system. $12,900
- Upgrade existing gas line to 1 ½ inch pipe to code. $1,000
- Upgrade Ansel Fire Suppression System. $2,500
- Attain necessary permits for stove and hood installation. $2,500
- Vulcan Stove $4,625 including installation costs
- Dishwasher $5,100 plus installation